Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Tuesday, July 01, 2003

Work progressing on the Same Old Projects. Finishing the Corset Pullover at the astonishing rate of one stitch per hour and the back of the Clock Vest is evolving beautifully. Got the second Dresser Scarf Sock started while I was in Kansas City, but didn't get much done.

Alas, even after my Crochet Rendezvous, I am suffering from Startitis. Rather than allow frustrated desire for a new project to make me hostile and bitter, I decided to go ahead with something small. This morning I chose the Cuddly Bears cardigan from the Patons/Leisure Arts book Forever Favorites for 3-year-old niece Sharyn. I have WoolEase in my stash is the right amounts of the right colors and it occurred to me that the teddy bears would be good colorwork practice pre-Indian Floral Vest.

My backordered kit for the Norsk Strikkedesign Princess-line Sweater arrived last week. More beautiful Rauma. The colors weren’t quite what I expected. In the photos, one of the detail colors looks pink. In the materials list it is described as red-brown. It is indeed quite brown. I personally wouldn’t have thought of olive, turquoise, brown and red-brown on a black-and-blue sweater, but I have faith.