Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Tuesday, June 24, 2003

It took only one evening to turn one ball of Denim-blue Cascade Pima Melange into the Very Cute Crocheted Cap from Family Circle Easy Knitting and Crochet. The perfect distraction from my WIP-weariness. I was a little careless about gauge on this project and it came out a little loose. I thought, “Hey, it’s cotton.” There were no care instructions on the ball band so I went ahead and machine washed and dried it. Shrunk up to a perfect fit.

I've started watching my new Season 4 Buffy DVD Collection while I walk on the treadmill each morning. I just finished Episode #3: Harsh Light of Day. When I watched Season 4 the first time, I was irritated by the Parker Abrams story (Buffy dates Parker for about a week/he seems sweet and sensitive/she sleeps with him/he moves onto the next conquest and never wants to see her again.) I thought it was useless. Now that I've seen it again, I think I see the point. As much as anything else, the show was always about Buffy's journey as a person. In that context, you see this illustrates how, as a woman and a young person, she faces dangers in life she can't combat with physical strength.