Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Monday, June 23, 2003

A large time was had at the Threadbear Open House yesterday.

My purchases:
3 skeins Koigu in shaded greens for socks
2 skeins Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Sport in Cranberry for socks
Faina’s Scarf pattern
2 balls of denim-y blue Cascade Pima Melange for lace cap
10 balls of gorgeous, beautiful, soft, lovely, Noro Silk Garden in Color #45 which is fuchsia, sky blue, olive, amethyst, hot pink, lilac, and teal-ish to make the sweet little cardy on the cover of the Debbie Bliss Noro Collection.

I attended the festivities with cousin Lana and her husband Josh. They played with the spinning tools. (Word is, Josh is a natural which could be very lucky for Lana.) I knitted and ate crab dip on crackers that tasted so good it almost killed me.

While at the Open House, I finished my first Dresser Scarf Sock and it looks beautiful, though I say it myself. I love the way this Cascade Fixation fabric looks and feels as clothing but, I have to admit, I’ve hated working with it. It is a pain to me in every sense of the word. I will note the recommended gauge on the ball band of this yarn is 25 sts/4”. The gauge for the sock pattern is 30 sts/4”. That is working sport yarn at fingering gauge and I have to think doing that with any yarn it is going to be uncomfortable. So, as I still have 3 balls of Fixation in my stash, I am going to give it another try before I write it off.