Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Saturday, June 14, 2003

Went shopping today and picked up some Aunt Lydia's Denim at the Hobby Lobby for the Knitty Eyelet Skirt. They only had three balls -- 1200yds -- which I worried would not be enough. When I got home, I dug through my stash until I found the single ball of this yarn I'd bought a long time ago and, thankfully, it was the same color (chambray) with no distinct difference in dye lots. They only had white, ecru, or chambray in stock. I'd hoped for red. Too bad.

Big Stargate fun last night with the “behind the scenes” special and the season premiere. The premiere itself was just more InterGalactic Goa’ould Battles and Political Power Plays with some Season Seven Set-up stuff thrown in, but it was amusing. I don’t understand why Jonas had to leave just because Daniel came back, though. An SG team can’t have five members? Lana says Teal’c’s chain mail is a knitted garment. How did I miss this? When I read that on her blog I wanted to check right away, but baseball’s on so I searched Goggle for some Teal’c images. Found one that looked a little garter-stitchy but it’s not sleeveless so I don’t think that is what she had in mind. I also discovered with this search that a lot of people seem to name their creatures Teal’c. There were dogs, cats, horses, and, oddly, gerbils.