Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Thursday, May 29, 2003

There are not words for how much I love mail with yarn in it. Last skein for the Indian Floral Vest arrived today. Fellow KnitLister Margo Lynn very kindly shared her stash with me in the form of Brown Sheep's discontinued Goldenrod Cotton Fleece. I had decided to use the Cotton Fleece as a substitute for the sample yarn in this project for a number reasons, including: I am afraid of silk and said silk tallied $189 (that seemed excessive to me.) But I needed that Goldenrod! It was the perfect in-between shade for my Harvest and Banana trim (the vest is red.) One of the shopowners I talked to said it was discontinued at least a year ago.

Thank you again Margo Lynn!

I’ve noted in my regular ’net reading the consensus among KnitBloggers is the new issue of Knitter’s (expletive deleted.) I finally decided this morning what the magazine has come to suffer from most is an Extreme Dearth Of Inspiration. The saddest thing is, far removed from just not realizing it, the PTB at Knitter’s really seem to believe they ARE clever and cutting-edge.

Oh yeah, the YO heel -- I found the previous pattern I knitted with this heel and they are exactly the same. However, Priscilla's pattern in Interweave Knits clearly says how to do a YO on the wrong side at the beginning of the row and also states the YO has to be flip-flopped on the right side before it is worked. The SocksSocksSocks book did neither, and when I was a beginner I would not have been able to figure that stuff out on my own (now I probably would.) So I guess it was me, after all.