Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Wednesday, May 28, 2003

Summer issue of Knitter's arrived today. Not much in there that stays in my mind after I close the magazine. The cover sweater really caught my eye because the patterning reminds me of reptile skin. And the mitered socks are interesting. Also the Brioche Cloche.

I'm tired of the word "funky." I think it is being waaaaaaaay overused.

The heel of the Dresser Scarf Sock is a short-row heel with YOs (because it was designed by Priscilla Gibson-Roberts.) One of the first socks I ever did had a heel with YOs and I hated every minute of it, so, I've been reluctant to try Priscilla's socks because I didn't want to deal with using her heel or changing the pattern. Imagine my surprise! I have now not only completed her short-row heel, but I love it. It was easy and it looks great. I need to dig out my Socks-Socks-Socks and re-read the instructions for that sock I didn't like. I really wonder if the difference is in the heel or in me.