Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Sunday, May 25, 2003

Been surfing the KnitBloggers WebRing, seeing what's up. I really enjoy reading other knitter's blogs, and lately many of my favorites are unofficially or officially (like Kate) on hiatus. I'm glad to see there is still a lot going on out there. I will say, one thing that makes me skip a blog is Too Much Stuff. I have mentioned here before that life on the Prairie means Way Primitive Internet Service. If any page has too much stuff on it, it takes YEARS to load. I may look calm on the outside, but I am the ADD poster-child on the inside.

Beka Tank is done but for the weaving in of ends. I showed it to my husband thinking he would like this one better than the first version, which didn't fit right. He still doesn't seem to like it.

I am really starting to worry about my right arm. I have been in pain, shoulder to elbow, for at least two weeks. In the last two days, the hurt seems to have settled permanently in my elbow. I think I know what the problem is: I sleep on my arm with my elbow crooked, I do computer work all day, and all my current knit projects are Extreme Resistance Fibers (cotton or acrylic.) Both the projects I intended to start next are cotton. SO, I will still begin the Indian Floral Vest as planned, but, instead of Core, I will start the Clock Vest as my second project. For a while yesterday I thought about using stash yarn for the Clock Vest, then I thought, "Why compromise my stash when I know Matt and Rob?"