Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Thursday, March 20, 2003

Wow! Sunday was my last post: time has gotten away from me. Works are progressing: the yoke of my Retro-Prep Cardy is growing and I did finish the first leg of the Dresser Scarf Socks. I will admit that I have veered off course, however, and entered the Land of (brace yourselves) Crochet. (Theme song!)

I just got this insane urge the other day to crochet something. I couldn't help myself. Perhaps it was something in my programming prompting me to access this data before it was overwritten with some lame information like what temperature you preheat the oven to when making frozen pizza (I mean, c’mon it’s on the box.) Maybe it’s the warmer weather that made me feel like filet lace. Whatever it was, that’s what I’ve been doing while watching TV. I still work on the Cardy while Internetting but I’m afraid the DS Socks are off the hotlist for now.

HOWEVER, I have several “weekend” (i.e., day or two) projects that I want to do. I recently wondered how it would work if, come Friday, I just dropped everything and whipped up a Weekender, regular work to resume on Monday. I’m going to try it tomorrow with the Bucket Hat. It’s a small project at a nice, large gauge, so it really should only take a couple days. If it works, perhaps next I’ll do the Little Vogue Poncho (which I now have the yarn for) or the Lion Brand Crocheted Floppy Hat (which I don’t.)