Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Sunday, March 16, 2003

Happy Birthday to me,
Happy Birthday to me,
I'm glad I'm 32 now 'cuz 31 was a real bitch,
Happy Birthday to me.

Actually, my birthday was yesterday, the Ides of March, (okay, seriously, the Ides of March). My husband bought me, among other things, Country Knits by Debbie Bliss and Fiona McTague. Lots of good Aran stuff in it. With a birthday check present I bought myself, among other things, Vogue Knitting on the Go! Baby Blankets. Not all the afghans in this book are "babyish." Several of the patterns could be for anyone if they were made bigger.

Goody, goody! Bonne Marie sent me the Super Secret Password for the Bucket o'Chic pattern today. I'm anxious to get started, but that makes FOUR summer hats on my list of things to do. I'll probably make hats instead of socks as my small projects for a while. I'm going to try making the Bucket in my stash Saucy. I hope it's not too lightweight. If so, I'll probably need to buy yarn. How sad. (If you could see me you would see I don't look sad at all.)

Yoke of Jailbird Cardy is coming along. Of course, it has now occurred to me that I am going to need a 16" circ eventually, even though the pattern doesn't call for one. The pattern just specifies a 32" circ, a 24" circ and dpns. I'm about done with the leg of the Dresser Scarf sock #1. I hope I don't run out of yarn: I've had to size it up a little. I just don't have dainty ankles and I never, never will.

I'm taking my coat to the cleaners tomorrow and I ain't gonna' wear it no more, no more. Today, when I saw that it was 75 degrees outside, I threw open all the windows in the house. This thrilled Amelia the Cat. Next to shedding all over the nice quilts, her absolute favorite activity is sitting in windowsills. There's a good view: we have a 1-acre pond in our front yard with a pair of Canada Geese on it. They nest there every year. When they arrived a couple weeks ago, I knew Spring was coming!