Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Thursday, February 27, 2003

CURSES! I had made it to the toe shaping of the first blue Feet when I realized I had one too many stitches. I was hoping I had just forgotten a gusset decrease on one side: I figured I could just drop down to fix that. Unfortunately, I had actually picked up one too many stitches on one side of the heel flap so I had to rip back. The consolation prize here is, now that I have almost finished what is essentially my fifth Feet I don’t have to look at the pattern anymore. By the time I finish the pair for me I’ll be the Feet Knitting Master.

My order from Elann came yesterday. I ordered it SUNDAY and it came WEDNESDAY. Is that some kind of record? I have always gotten orders from them super-quick, but Damn! That’s fast. Work on the Retro-Prep Jailbird Cardy has been put on hold while I work on these Feets (I want to felt them at Matt and Rob’s Felting Party Sunday), but I did a couple rows with my new bamboo needles last night.

On the FO list are the Opal internet socks. They look great and I had plenty of yarn: I didn’t have to buy more to finish the socks I started from remnants. That HAS to be good. Instead of starting another pair of ’net socks right now, I think I’m going to use the Jailbird Cardy for internet knitting since, aside from the stripes and the shaping, it is basically just a stockinette piece. I’m Ready For Spring and, in that vein, I’m ready to start the Pacific Northwest lace shawl. Wendy notes in her Knitting Gallery that she knit HERS in a WEEK. (Okay, twelve days.) Somehow, I don’t think that will be me.

Watched an interesting movie last night: Dogtown and Z-Boys. I’m not a skating fan, but as a pop culture history bit this is entertaining. I liked how “vertical skating” was born in an intense drought that drained all the swimming pools in Santa Monica giving the Boys a chance to skate in them.