Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Tuesday, March 04, 2003

The new Knitty is FAB. (I think we all knew it would be.) I just spent a Very Long Time printing out patterns for my files. While doing so, I started the Shocking Pink Coif with the remnants of the Fuchsia Lamb's Pride. I almost always wear a tam or beret because I think it looks good with my unfortunately unimaginative superlong pageboy hairstyle, but the Coif is very cute and I need something to cover my ears. The mild ear tickle I've been having for about a week has exploded into Jabbing Pain. I guess I'm going to have to go to the doctor so he can look inside my ear and tell me there's nothing wrong with me. We both enjoyed this game so much when we played it last winter.

Making good progress on the Retro-Prep Jailbird Cardy. I’m about to do the last decrease round in the waist shaping. I took said Cardy with me and worked on it at the Felting Party Sunday. According to everyone who looked at it, the Wheat stripe doesn’t disappear into the Cream stripe as bad as I’d feared. That’s good news -- it would be unfortunate if the Sheriff mistook me for an escapee when I get in my car some evening and leave the County Employee Parking Lot (next to the jail.) Although really I’d have to wear black and white striped pajama bottoms WITH my Cardy for him to make a mistake like that.

Stockinette on 2 sts makes a neat cord.