Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Sunday, March 02, 2003

Cousin Lana and I a great time at the Felting Party today. I only had the second pink Feet half done when I got there, but I finished it before the Red and Purple Wash began, so both pairs of Feets are felted and very lovely. Rob also took a digital photo of them that he is going to e-mail me. Finally, I should have my photos together to send to Kate for the Fuzzy Page before another week passes me by. I think I said here that I was going to use some blue on my pink Feet, but I went ahead and made them just plain. I may embroider on them later with some NatureSpun Sport I have around, if I feel so moved.

Do I even have to say I bought yarn? Have I ever met a sock yarn I didn't want to take home and have my way with? I bought two balls of Lana Grossa Cotton Fun in a rainbow vari plied with black and two balls of Cascade Fixation in CHARTRUESE for the Dresser Scarf socks in the current Interweave Knits. I know I said I had some in my stash, but it was black and you know how these things go. I also bought the Folk Vests book, which I never even imagined I wanted until I opened it.

This was my first opportunity to meet Rob and Matt, who are GREAT, and I’m not just saying that because they made us yummy snacks and let us clog up their washer. I also got to meet Connor, a very sweet dog. (She doesn’t have a blog for me to link to. Too bad, I bet she could tell some stories.)