Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Sunday, March 09, 2003

I am really goin' to town (that's how we talk here on the Prairie) on the Jailbird Cardy -- only two more stripes to go, then I can join the sleeves to the body and start the yoke. I am enjoying this sweater: it has been remarkably trouble-free so far. I did have to adjust for length because my row gauge was off (what else is new?) but it was no problem. I may make the pullover version come Fall. Speaking of gauge, the Dresser Scarf Socks seem okay so far, too.

And, speaking of socks, if you read Dave Barry's blog, you've already seen the Sockman Calculator, but there it is, in case you haven't.

I wish to have a Bucket O'Chic in cotton for spring, so tomorrow I am sending an order to Bonne Marie for the pattern. I have some Light Emerald Saucy in my stash that may be about right. Also one skein of Bright Plum. How about a Plum brim and an Emerald top? Or maybe not.