Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Sunday, March 30, 2003

Worked on my Magazine Pattern Database again this weekend. I got a little depressed: there is no way, EVER, I am going to be able to make all the sweaters that I want to make. Even if I worked all day and all night. And they are making new patterns ALL THE TIME. I could get this database project done a lot faster if it weren't Vogue Knitting and their "I'm a fashion mag, not an instruction manual" ways. I was surprised by this: of the magazines I've recorded with the most patterns I like, the top five are issues of Vogue. Vogue's Fall 2000 had the most.

Yesterday, I started the Little Vogue Poncho. I think I have a Yarn Substitution Success Story here. The pattern called for Berroco Glace, but I used some ribbon yarn I got off eBay. The only problem I see is that it may not be quite as drapey as the Glace appears to be. Also it's dry clean only. (That's the sort of thing the buyer likes to know before she bids, isn't? I meant to write the seller a letter but I forgot.) I hope very much to have this done before I go on vacation in two weeks.

Trying to get the Jailbird Cardy done to the point where I run out of room on the 29" needle. I ordered a 16" today from elann and ordered a bunch of yarn while I was there, including yarn for my next sweater project: the Corset Pullover from the last Interweave Knits.