Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Thursday, March 27, 2003

Real blogger's block lately. Every time I try to post I can't put anything together right. I either feel like I have too much to say or not enough.

Made my first Bucket O'Chic this past weekend. As I worked it up with the Saucy, I decided the fabric it was making was too "loose," so I ripped it out and made it with some tomato-red dishcloth cotton I had around. It looks good. This is a great pattern. I’d like to have several of these hats.

Was zipping around and around on the yoke of the Jailbird Cardy and forgot a decrease round. I realized it on the very NEXT round, so I went ahead and just dropped down to fix it instead of ripping. I could not BEAR the thought of trying to get all those stitches back on the needles and replacing all the markers. Of course, now those stitches are “big,” but I should be able to pull the excess into the neighboring stitches so it won’t show too bad.

Also this past weekend, I made a good start on the Magazine Pattern Database I’d been wanting to do. I made it through all the Spring and Summer issues of my magazines and recorded patterns I like by Name, Project Type, and Description. Then I thought I’d want to know the Pattern Gauge, what Fiber yarn the sample was made in, and how many Yards, and the Brand of the sample yarn. Also, of course, what Magazine and Issue, and I went ahead and included Designer because I thought it would be interesting to know who my favorite designers are. I’ve noticed from Lists and others’ Blogs that some people do have definite favorites. I realized a long time ago Norah Gaughan was probably MY absolute favorite.

Of course, you can see that this is also a new template. I’m going to make some adjustments to it after I crack its code, but for the most part I like it. The font is the major change I want to make and I need to add my links. I have some new ones that are good.

Apropos of nothing, here’s my new favorite TV quote from last night’s South Park: “If irony were strawberries, we’d all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.”