Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

More exciting photos from the Finish Line



That is, of course, the Camel Bag from Folk Knits. You may recall I finished knitting it in May and then had a terrible Mission Falls 1824 Not-So-Superwash Felted Loops Accident. I wasn’t sure if I was going to complete it as it was, but I did, Sunday, the same day I finished my brown and pink tote. You can Just Barely see how felty-fuzzy the outermost loops are in that photo. The good news is, I finally managed to sew in a lining that doesn’t look like absolute crap



I credit my recent embroidery class for putting me in the right mindset to see immediately how I should have been placing my needle to the make the sewing most invisible. It makes me want to rip out all the others I’ve done and do them over.

Did I mention I started another bag? A crocheted one that should work up quick. Speaking of bags, I have been seeing more and more books for crocheted and knit bags coming out. I can only assume the publishing industry has been reading this blog and has cooked up a nefarious plot to make money out of my unfortunate addiction. To them I can only say: It is WRONG to exploit a sick person.