Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Tuesday, February 03, 2004

I started a new pair of socks tonight: Cabin Fever's Celtic Braid socks in Shelridge Farm Soft Touch Ultra, color Peacock, which is a nice, dark teal. Lovely yarn. I bought pattern and wool at Stitches Midwest 2001 in Minnesota, so it has been in my stash a little while. I had wound one hank into a ball on my ball winder when it (the winder) was brand new. When I pulled the yarn out I saw, with the eye of experience, that it had been wound Too Tight. I re-wound it into a much looser ball and I'm going to use it last. Hopefully, it will have relaxed back into shape by the time I'm ready for it. I'm planning to take my time with these socks, still concentrating on Core and the Camel Bag.

I just thought I needed to put a good springy wool project into circulation. Core is cotton (naturally) and the Camel Bag is wool, but at a very firm gauge. Between all that and the cold and my current work projects, my arms have been really bothering me. I dug out the exercise sheets from my physical therapy, but I'm not very good about doing them. They are BORING.

Goodies in the mail yesterday! Recent Elann order: 1400+ yards of yummy Peruvian treasure, celery green worsted weight pure alpaca yarn, and also four skeins (two colors) of sock yarn, all for my stash. Also Rowan book 28 which I won in an Ebay auction. I decided I wanted it to look at the Felted Tweed patterns it contained, but it is altogether a very good issue. Plenty of things I would be interested in making.