Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Sunday, December 21, 2003

WARNING: I finally decorated my tree this weekend and now suddenly, inexplicably, I am In The Christmas Spirit. I could break out in a Christmas Carol at any time. I also wrapped presents. This is something that frustrates me because I am So Bad at it. My packages always look like the work of a five-year-old who has had Way Too Much Cough Medicine.

My Ram Wools order came Friday with the yarn for the Folk Bags Camel Bag and the very nice little Paton's Street Smart booklet. I like three of the four designs in this book enough to make them, and I have yarn in my stash for each. However, in thinking of the immediate Knitting Future, I see that even if I finish the Silk Garden Cardy by the end of the year, I won't really have enough time to make another winter garment and be able to wear it this season. I've almost decided to do the Sashiko Jacket next, on the theory that I can wear it into semi-chilly spring. Then I'll start on spring and summer.

More yarn fortune. I drove a MILLION miles (or 70) to visit Cousin Lana today. She made us wonderful Cobb Salad Sandwiches and gave me the yarn I had her buy for me at Threadbear. I now have Lamb's Pride in Shotgun Season Orange for a Bucket O'Chic hat and three Kureyons for a Booga Bag. Lana selected for me the gorgeous #87 which features lime, LIME, and hot pink, HOT PINK. Also purple, which she liked so well she bought some for herself.

Bad news: my husband has been sick for three days and just a couple hours ago, I began to feel the tell-tale itch in the back of my throat. BRONCHITIS. That Was Not On My Christmas List. If you don't hear from me for a while, it could be that the holiday has me busy, or I'm lying around feeling sorry for myself.