Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Tuesday, November 25, 2003

With so many Knit Bloggers on yarn diets, I felt I had a duty to Step Up For The Economy.

Yesterday I ordered the Mission Falls 1824 for the Folk Bags Camel Bag. I didn't want to substitute for this yarn, because I wanted the exact colors and I LOVE the weight and sheen of 1824. With that I also purchased the Paton's Street Smart booklet. Then, from Matt and Rob I did order some Folk Bags-sub-yarn: Cascade Sierra to take the place of the Cotton Fleece for the Missionary's Bag. PLUS, Kureyon for a Booga Bag and a little more Kureyon just for fun.

You may recall I have yarn in my stash for what I thought would be my next bag, the Irish Creel. My swatch worked up perfectly, but the pattern is written in a very tight gauge and a tricky pattern stitch. NOT the thing for my arms to try right after the Irish Cables. So, it will be Camel Bag and Missionary Bag next, in whatever order the yarn arrives.

I must say, very good episode of Andromeda this week. Dramatic and unusually coherent. That makes two of the last five episodes that actually made a lick of sense. Although, two more of the last five eps were interesting to watch (the two-part Take Tyr Into the Abyss and Drop Him Down In) because I was truly wondering whether Beka was going to betray Captain Hunt and join Tyr or if it was just a setup. Both ideas seemed equally possible. That is good character development, whatever the show lacks in Plausible Plotting.

When I downloaded October’s Andromeda Wallpaper, I noticed Rhade was in the pic with the regular cast. It looks like he is going to be our full-time Nietzchean now that Tyr is in a pit. I had hopes when Buffy ended that Andromeda could find a permanent spot for James Marsters’ Charlemagne Bolivar. I’m sure Angel probably pays better, but, really, does he get to wear red leather jumpsuits?