Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Lana called me Monday night and, after I got done expressing Shock and Awe that she has posted to her blog THREE TIMES in the month of December, she said, "I'm going to Threadbear tomorrow do you need anything?"

Leaving aside the many different ways one can define the word NEED, I posted her a list muy pronto. Today she reports that I will soon have in my possession more Kureyon for another Booga Bag and Lamb's Pride for a felted Bucket O'Chic.

In another incident of Good Shopping Karma, I had been putting off buying a new printer cartridge: then, I ran right out to get one when Bonne Marie posted the Bucket FAQs. THAT SAME DAY the new Knitty was released with a MILLION patterns I HAD to print. (Okay, six.)

As soon as I finished the Booga Bag knitting, I started the French Market Bag with some 20+ year old wool given to me by my husband's stepfather's mother. The bottom is claret, the middle will be scarlet and the top and handles will be pink. Unless the scarlet takes me all the way to the top and then no pink. I've got the bottom almost done.

I wanted some Cascade from Threadbear to make Flappers right away, but there were color issues that need to be resolved before I can start. I'm always wanting to felt with white....