Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Sunday, December 28, 2003

So, my sinus infection never turned into bronchitis, I had beautiful, very merry, Christmas, and I've been knitting like crazy trying to finish all the items in my sidebar before 2004 opens. I want a nice, clean slate for the New Year, even though I'm going to begin projects that I've had around for a while.

I've decided to forget warmer knits all together and jump straight into spring and summer. First up is Core, the denim cotton cardigan reminiscent of a denim jacket that is part of the Rowan Treasury and was designed by the super-brilliant Kim Hargreaves. After that, I have a surprisingly long list, partly because...

I got some Cash For Christmas. I had a few dim thoughts about saving it, and then I was flipping through my copy of Vintage Knits this weekend. Naturally, I am COMPELLED to call Woodland Woolworks tomorrow for a Rowan Extravaganza.

I LOVE ROWAN!

Two years ago, at Stitches Midwest, when I bought my Rowan Recycled Chunky Tweed, I was SO HAPPY, because I never, NEVER, had an opportunity in my usual life to buy Rowan yarn. I don’t have an LYS anywhere near me for HUNDREDS of miles (or 130) and catalogs never had it available. This doesn’t seem to be true any more. Now, MOST of my catalogs have it, if only a little. The world is a brighter place.

Trivia: the character Lexa Doig (Andromeda!) plays in Jason X is named Rowan.