Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Sunday, May 11, 2003

Done with the first Corset Pullover sleeve -- the shaping for the sleeve cap was Tight. There wasn't any room for me to adjust the decreases for my row gauge being off. I don't know if this is going to be a big deal yet or not. When I have the back done I’ll know better how it's going to seam together. Speaking of seams, the designer of this garment specifies that the selvedge be done in garter stitch. I usually find seaming easier if the selvedge is stockinette, but I thought I'd go with it and see what happens.

I see from my Blog rounds (I managed to be on-line for over an hour yesterday) Kate is crocheting. I do love to crochet, and I've been thinking about it again lately because I picked up a copy of Crochet Fantasy at Books-A-Million the other day and found it full of CLOTHES. Back when I Only crocheted that magazine was mostly full of doilies, afghans and odd little bits of things like toilet roll covers. So I bought it because I want the tunic on the cover and the little lacey vest inside. My last crochet project, which I finished about a month ago, was this Shawl, for bud Brandy as a Graduation gift.

Woo Hoo! It's Sunday and tonight at 7 Andromeda's GOING BAD.