Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Wednesday, February 05, 2003

I came home sick from work today and spent the afternoon asleep. Now I'm up and feeling a little better and working on Feet 1. When I get sick, I get all weak and whiney and start thinking things like: I sure am a crappy knitter. My Feet is kind of holey. I had to use the #13 needles but my gauge is perfect. I think the Lamb's Pride, maybe because of the mohair, "fills" in the stitches a little better than this Galway. It's also possible that it's a little heavier worsted. Since this object is going to be felted, and, thus, shrunk, I am trying not to be concerned.

It's funny -- the pics I've seen online of pre-felted Feets look like oversized socks, but they still don't show just HOW oversized this sock is. It's like a bunting for a newborn baby. Although Kate's recent blog entry features a pop-up pic of her with her finished Feet on her head.

Evidence that my cat is the best cat in the whole world? I washed the AV pullover last night and laid it out flat in the spare room to dry under the ceiling fan. When I came upstairs just now I saw that I had not gotten the door latched good and it was standing slightly open. I turned on the light and there was Amelia -- curled up on the bed BESIDE my new sweater. She's very respectful of knitting. She doesn't even try to get in my lap when I'm knitting -- she hops up onto the back of the recliner and perches behind my head.

I got the cutest fish bowl off the clearance table at Petco this weekend. It is a glass globe that sits on an orange plastic pedestal shaped like feet. I has cartoon eyes painted on it and an orange plastic "hat." It looks just like a little cartoon alien! I went to Wal-Mart Sunday to look at fish, but all the ones I liked were fish that prefer to be in groups. The bowl is too small for more than one fish. So I filled it up with balls of sock yarn.