Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Tuesday, February 04, 2003

"Two Feets, they come up creepin'...like a black cat do...." Okay, sorry. I just love Lynard Skynard. Maybe it's wrong: I can't help it. I was raised thataway. And it's Feets day! As I worked the cuff of Feet 1, I cruised around the Fuzzy Page and looked at other people's Feet Reports. Most I saw seemed to be using the Lamb's Pride, but a few are substituting like me.

I just learned how to plant links in my text. I hope it works.

People talk sometimes about whether they are process or product knitters. I am definitely a process knitter. More than that: I am a tech knitter. If I see something with an interesting construction I want to make it. Case in point: Spring 2003 Interweave Knits. The Pinup Pullover has a "bodice ... cleverly composed of two fanlike strips that hug the body." I quote the mag. It's also a lot of ribbing which I don't think I'd like to seam or wear, so I am trying to resist. The Corset Pullover I want more every time I see it. The Mandalay Medallions is cool with a yoke formed of crocheted medallions, but, if I make it, I want shorter sleeves. And the Dresser Scarf Socks are calling to me. The leg is knit in lace as a rectangle that is grafted together into a tube. The foot is then picked up and worked down. As a bonus, the pattern calls for Fixation, which I have in my stash. I think they will be my next socks, even though they'll be no good for mindless internet knitting.

No Buffy party tonight, even though there is a new episode. We're going to tape it and party Friday due to scheduling conflicts. The UPN teaser for this ep said Willow is going to "change" into Warren and Spike is going to be struck by unexplained headaches. I wonder if Willow is going to really BE Warren or just be herself looking like Warren. Because Spike with headaches and Warren on the premises makes me wonder if they are going to decide they have to remove Spike's chip. Also, UPN said the gang is going to discover evidence that Giles may be the First. Gee, you s'pose?