Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Tuesday, January 20, 2004

I am a very superstitious person.

Proof? The seaming of the Silk Garden Cardy was so beautiful, so flawless, so pain-free, that by the end I was convinced I was going to spill coffee on it the first time I wore it, because nothing can be that easy. Naturally, I was so relieved when the crochet edging became a complete menace.

Still not convinced? Two years ago I went to Stitches Midwest with my cousin Lana and had THE BEST TIME EVER. I had so much fun, I was positive I was going to be a car accident on the way home.

Of course, the converse of this is that I often, suddenly, for no apparent reason, find myself counting my blessings just in the ordinary course of the day. This morning, I left the house and was walking to the barn to get in my car and I was thinking "IT IS 19 DEGREES OUT HERE!" and then I was happy that I have so many nice, warm clothes.