Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Sunday, January 11, 2004

Dare I admit the circumference of my head is 22"? That is only 7 1/2" smaller than my waist. It is actually LARGER than Scarlett O'Hara's waist.

One of the problems I was having with my Bucket O’Chic yesterday was dissatisfaction with every possible blocking tool I had available in the house. I went to Wal-Mart with my tape measure today and spent TWO HOURS measuring every thing I could find that might work. I settled on a gallon drink cooler of the type most often associated with Gatorade. Came home, put my Bucket through a short, regular wash (it had been through two heavy-duty washes) and it is blocking again now -- I think for the final time. There are a couple adjustments I’m going to make to the top and brim for my next Lamb’s Pride Felted Bucket, but otherwise I’m very happy with it.

My multi-directional scarf is also finished. I used all but about five grams of one ball of Lion Brand Magic Stripes in Bright Spring, which is stripes of grass green, dandelion orange, and peony pink alternated with dark gray and white faux colorwork stripes. It ended up being four inches by fifty-five -- a little longer than I expected, pleasantly so. I worried that one ball wasn’t going to be enough. I love the way it looks, too. It is projects like this that make me wish I had pictures.