Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Saturday, January 24, 2004

How sad! Lana did not enjoy so much her time in one of my favorite places: Phoenix, AZ. I can find no fault with her conclusions, however. Phoenix is very much a Car Town, and the bus system is insane.

New episode of Stargate last night. Let me see if I have this straight: they were testing bombs and made the center of their planet unstable. So they got in a big drill thing, drove way below the surface, through magma, to set off a charge that will head off the planet-shattering boom. Was it Stargate SG:1 or did my TV flip over to whatever movie channel bought the rights to The Core?

And last week: Carter is all alone on a stranded ship with a strange little girl in a party dress who Knows All but Speaks In Riddles. Perhaps it wasn't a TOTAL rip-off of Ghost Ship, but the similarities are stunning. Have all our writers gotten stuck in Starz Theater Channel Hell?

The knitting continues. I have finished the back of Core up to the armhole shaping and I found the Perfect Buttons today at JoAnne's. No such button luck for the Silk Garden Cardy. I have a set I LOVE that will have to be taken off for each washing and a washable pair that I just don't love. And I am going to get that crochet edging finished this weekend, DAMMIT.