Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Friday, January 16, 2004

The Treasure Chest O'Rowan finally arrived this week. (The word "finally" is an indicator of my impatience -- not actual delivery time.) If you have a copy of Vintage Knits, these are the projects I have lined up:

Short-sleeved cotton tee in stripes of red, orange, pink and green. I almost substituted colors for this project, then realized the color scheme was what really attracted me most.

Long-sleeve cotton cardigan with flap pockets. The sample is glaring lime, but mine will be a color called Diana, which is a blue on the purple side.

The twinset of Linen Drape, which is still backordered. The book models are lace tee in pink and ribbed cardy in purple (which was discontinued,) but I ordered Reed for the tee and Amazon for cardy. That is light green under dark green and I hope they harmonize okay. Also, I hope they come in soon. Or at all.

I also got the Felted Tweed for the Folk Bags Napramach bag. This is the most heavenly yarn. The colors are gorgeous and it is SO SOFT. As soon as humanly possible, I am buying enough for a sweater.

Meanwhile, I finished the knitting on the Secret Gift Project -- didn’t take long at all. Paton’s Grace is also a very nice yarn. It is sport weight mercerized cotton, very light, soft and catches the light prettily as mercerized cotton is wont to do. I wouldn’t mind having a little of this for a Hot Summer top, but I honestly have enough stuff on my list (the items above are only the beginning.)

I am also steadily marching up the back of Core. Usually, when I’m working on a project I am caught up in the mechanics of construction and enjoying the knitting. This is a project where I work thinking “I can’t wait to wear this!”