Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Saturday, January 10, 2004

I used every towel in the house and gave myself a crick in the back, but all the pieces of the Silk Garden Cardy are blocked out on the spare bed with the ceiling fan blowing down on them. I'm sure I've mentioned before that I have no talent for blocking. Is it too much to hope for that someone will have a class on blocking at Stitches Midwest?

Also blocking is the Shotgun Season Orange Bucket O'Chic, although I may put it through another wash tomorrow. The body of the hat is the right size but the brim and top are still too loose, I think. In its current state the brim is wavy and the top is poofy and, as it is bright orange, it is really saying PIMP to me. SOMETHING is going to have to be done about THAT.

Brand-new episode of Stargate last night -- at last. Very tame conclusion to the cliffhanger we were left with. All the ads for the next series of new eps suggest that Colonel O'Neill is going to be killed. I don't like that. Of course, they also show him kissing Major Carter, so I guess that's what he gets. Hasn't he observed that men who kiss Carter end up dead? You'd think he'd know better.