Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Thursday, January 29, 2004

So, we had ice. Then more ice. Then mean cold and wind. Next came snow and then a little bit of thaw that slicked everything up nice and shiny. Now it is POURING snow. My Bring On Summer With the Power of Summer Knitting doesn't seem to be working, does it?

The Debbie Bliss Noro Scoop Neck Cardigan made its Courthouse Annex Debut yesterday to rave reviews. And it is WARM. Also gorgeous. I admit my work productivity suffered: every time I caught a glimpse of my own color I had to pause and admire my Silk Garden Stripes. I don't think that makes me vain, but Eisaku Noro has every reason to be proud of himself for coming up with #45.

Yesterday also brought my sister to the office with a sack full of acrylic yarn and Grim Pronouncements that she will soon DIE of cold if she doesn't have a scarf. She thought I could make her one in one night. I decided to take that as a compliment. I sent her away with the Fab Rowan Plaid scarf off my own neck and I guess I’m going to make her a scarf of the acrylic that matches her coat although, frankly I’d rather be working on my

Camel Bag! I adore Mission Falls 1824. And I love this Folk Bags pattern: it really speaks to the Hippy in me. I’m getting an unexpected kick out of the stranded colorwork, too, so much so that I am suddenly looking through my books and magazines for more patterns of same. The Interweave Knits Bohemian Pouch (Winter 00/01) is speaking to me quite loudly. After all, I don’t have nearly enough bags.