Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Monday, November 17, 2003

Felted fish are the BEST. (Although I do like Tilapia.) My cords came out fine and my fish is all felted and lovely. Took three runs through the wash, although the third run I used the Heavy Duty setting, which I probably should have done first. I'm trying to decide now what to use for the embroidery. I am NOT spending $50 on four skeins of Provence for a few yards of cotton as directed by the pattern. I think using a full strand of DMC thread might do the trick.

Making very good progress on the Silk Garden Cardy. Back is almost done. When it is, my next thing will be ripping out the first sleeve to fix my stripe pattern mistake. It's bugging me even more since I did a near-perfect job matching the stripes on the back.

Went ahead and started the Irish Cables bag with my freshly washed Dover yarn. Halfway done with the front. Cables have been a little hard on my hands and wrists with this project. I'm going to check my needles and see I have metal set in the size I'm using.

You may have realized by now that the pic of the Fish Bag is on page 41 of the recent Patternworks circular, not 42. You can see it there or you can see it here. My fish turned out a little different: the tail is WAY longer. I wondered if I misread the directions, but if I did, I did it twice. I read them line by line exactly for both front and back.