Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Sunday, November 02, 2003

A sudden hitch in my Folk Bags getalong: the yarn I dug up for the Irish Cables needs WASHED before I can use it. Dust was flying as I balled it up and before I even had enough swatch to measure I was sneezing my head off. The yarn is lovely: Classic Elite Devon, 90/10 Wool/Silk in deep, tweedy brown. It came to my stash by way of a friend's stash and I think she bought it from a clearance bin sometime long past. Plus, I think sometimes certain yarns are just a little "dusty" anyway. Good progress was made with the red fish, however. For that I'm using WoolPak remnants which are a little lighter weight than the yarn specified the pattern. I think for this bag even if it comes out a little small it will be okay, though, because it won't really be an everyday bag -- more of a special occasion thing. Or I could hang it on the wall! Several times while reading Folk Bags, the author mentioned bags that were used primarily as household containers. They were hung up inside tents and huts.

I watched The Truth About Charlie last night. It was the Saturday Night Premiere on whichever movie channel it was on. I think, judged on its own merits, it's an okay movie, but I love the original, Charade, so much that the remake made me feel crabby. Also the pace was a little slow and I found myself thinking of other things. Like, has anyone ever seen Mark Wahlberg and Matt Damon in the same room at the same time? I think they may actually be the same person. Maybe there is some kind of Superhero/Alternate Ego thing going on (although which of them is the Superhero and which is the Alter Ego would be a good point for debate.) And if Thandie Newton is ever cast in a role where the producers need to hire someone to play her as a child, I think Kerrie's daughter Brooke would be an excellent choice.