Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Thursday, October 16, 2003

A local grocery store where I DO NOT shop for groceries has done an odd thing: suddenly they are stocking Vogue Knitting. I snuck in there this week and bought the "Holiday" issue. It's an okay issue -- a few things I liked, a couple well enough to make, especially the Adrienne Vittadini shell. I'm in danger of becoming a SERIOUS AV devotee. They seem to consistently pair interesting construction with designs that are pretty and classy and seem like they won‘t go out of style. I often talk myself out making certain designs I become infatuated with, because I realize they are trendy and in a couple years I won't want them anywhere near me.

An article of note in the new Vogue is a designer-bio piece on Hanne Falkenberg. I love her work and I’ve been thinking about her a lot lately. I’ve decided that, if I am very fiscally responsible all winter and don’t have a credit card balance that I’ll feel obligated to pay off with my bonus when it comes in the spring, I’m going to treat myself to the Jazz Jacket.