Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Monday, April 28, 2003

New Interweave Knits came today. Lots of pretty half-nekkid-summer-stuff in there. Speaking of which, I mentioned here a while back that I wanted the Spring Rebecca so I could make the Olive Tank pictured in the magazine's ad. It reminds me of my hero, Beka Valentine's, Space Gear. So I started it yesterday and got a good bit done while watching Andromeda, and other stuff, last night. It's an experiment on two levels: I'm getting gauge (13sts=4") with two strands of stash Lion Brand Microspun (black) and I'm trying to size it up since the pattern is written for size small only. Got about 4-5" done and I'm already feeling a little exposed by a tank top knit at a large gauge. I'm going to have to sew a lining in the cups or I'll be too chicken to wear it in public.

And speaking of Andromeda, very amusing episode last night. Boy, Captain Hunt is turning into quite the Boy Space Ho. Who does he think he is, Captain Kirk?