Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Saturday, April 12, 2003

I DID IT! I cut my first steek last night, straight up the front of the Retro-Prep Jailbird Cardy. I pretty much knew what to do, but, to brace myself, I re-read Wendy's article. (I did not have any Margaritas, so I congratulated myself with a celebratory ice cream sandwich.) It just needs a buttonband and some buttons. I think I’d like something in a tortoiseshell, but, on the other hand, I do love THESE. Also THESE.

Decided to drop a decrease sequence at the waist of the Corset Pullover. It seemed like it was getting Very Small, so I double-checked the schematic. I was right -- for the 37 1/4” bust size that I’m making, the waist is going to be 30 1/2.” That’s only going to work if I have an ACTUAL corset to cinch me in. However, I checked the backs of some of my sewing patterns, and that seems to be standard size. I never thought I was thick in the waist, but maybe that’s just ’cause I was comparing to my HIPS.