Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Monday, February 03, 2003

"I'm a muse, stupid...." Okay, sorry. Dogma is one of my all-time favorite movies. And Rob, of Rob and Matt of Threadbear fame, said today I inspired him to stock up on Lamb's Pride Worsted (that's who I ordered my Limeaid and Blue Flannel from). Only moments before I read his e-mail, I saw an interesting pattern made up in LP Worsted. Moments before that, I opened my credit card bill. Is it possible for a human to be so emotionally conflicted that she would actually, literally, split in half?

Feets commence tomorrow! It appears I will start with the dark red Galway Heather. I've worked up a swatch and felted it, so hopefully I can anticipate any felting differences between it and the Lamb's Pride. It actually looks pretty good.

While I didn't buy any Lamb's Pride this weekend, don't think I didn't buy yarn. I got 2 skeins of Regia Mini Ringel in brown tones at the store where I had hoped to find the Lamb's Pride. At the hobby chain store I got some sport-weight baby cotton because when I swatched the dishcloth cotton, I decided it was too heavy for gauge for the hooded cardy. AND I bought 2 skeins of Cotton Ease, one dark blue and one black, to make the Bow Jest hat from Nicky Epstein's The Knit Hat Book. It's pictured on the cover in chartreuse and black. I’m hoping the cotton will make it not too hot for spring and summer and the acrylic will make it stay hat shaped.

My Spring Interweave Knits came today -- hooray!