Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Sunday, October 05, 2003

As I reached the inverted-V portion of my crocheted raglan jacket sleeve, the pattern clearly stated I would have 41 stitches. And I did. So then it told me to work a row of bobble patterns. The bobble pattern also clearly states that it is worked across a multiple of 4 stitches plus 3. All my calculators tell me 41 is not a multiple of 4 plus 3.

So, I charted the second half of the sleeve pattern and just centered the bobble pattern. Worked good. Now the second sleeve is going smooth as silk.

Here's a kick in the pants: I wanted to start the Marsan Watchcap but I discovered my 16" #8 needle is stuck in the Cuddly Bears Cardy. So I thought I'd move ahead to one of the hats I planned to make with Wool Ease remnants, but I found I'm using the same remnants in the CUDDLY BEARS CARDY. Of course, I can't use the remnants of those remnants until the Cuddly Bears Cardy is done. And I could take the #8 needle out and put the Cardy stitches on a holder except I don't want to forget what needle I've been using on it.

I can't decide if the best solution to this problem is stay on top of my WsIP better, or if I just need more needles and more stash yarn.