Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Saturday, October 11, 2003

I changed my mind! (Regular readers of this blog know this happens often: what they don't realize is that it happens ten times a day.)

Went to Hobby Lobby today and found on clearance four skeins of Lion Brand Homespun in a strange jungle color called Arkadian. It is shades of green and gold that remind me of nothing so much as shallow, mossy pond water. I love it! It is going to be my new poncho. For a pattern, I'm going to jump-start from the Classic Joan Voss Poncho and work one like it with gauge adjusted. It is designed from the neck down so I can just knit till I run out of yarn.

Also in the Hobby Lobby Lion Brand Clearance Bin were several skeins of Pineapple Cotton Ease. Pineapple would be a dreadful color for me, of course, but I think it will be lovely on my dark-eyed niece, Sharyn. I'm going to rip out the Cuddly Bears Cardy and make her Haiku instead.

Bought a new book, too: Knitting With Beads. Have not yet had a chance to really study it, but I loved what I saw when I went through it at the store.