Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Monday, December 09, 2002

Are there words to describe how much I love Dale of Norway? I love their yarns and I LOVE their patterns. I just bought the Dale Sisik book #116 because I want to make "Aberdeen." I had considered substituting yarns, but now that I see the close-up photos, my heart longs for Sisik. Is it tweed or is it flecked? Either way, it's beautiful.

I'm becoming a yarn snob. The more nice yarn I have, the more I want. I never thought I would become the sort of person who would drop big bucks on yarn with no project in mind, but witness my stash. 20 balls of stoplight red merino DK: no clue what to with it. Ditto the 20 hanks of tweedy green Rowan Chunky. And I just HAD to have that hank of black alpaca fingering even though it's only 900 yds and what can you do with 90 yds of fingering weight alpaca? It's not enough for a shawl and too much for anything else.