Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Sunday, December 08, 2002

Here's my Blog. Hopefully, it will improve as time goes by. The main focus here will be knitting with occasional forays into things like my Sci Fi TV addiction, how I'm a thwarted movie critic, and how I spend large blocks of my time reading trashy fiction.

To begin today, in the category of knitting: GLOVES. I'm working on glove 2 of a set made from super-soft and machine washable Dale Baby Wool. For some reason, most glove patterns are written so that the knitter works the index finger first, then down the line to the little finger. Then, THEY DON'T FIT RIGHT. So why do they do it? I think it's just because they ALWAYS HAVE. Happens all the time. So, I say, do the little finger first. Then, work a couple more rounds on the remaining finger stitches and do the next three fingers. Works better, fits right.

Since it's Sunday, a short Sci Fi note. How come Andromeda makes no sense? This show has everything going for it: Neat ship, yummy guys, and kick-ass girls who get to wear cool clothes. But the stories make no sense. 20 minutes into every episode, I'm saying, HUH? I don't think it's just me.