Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Thursday, December 12, 2002

Is it Nirvana who has the album New Miserable Experience? I had a root canal three weeks ago and today went to have the permanent filling put in and get fitted for my crown. I think if I had had more time in the waiting room to knit I would have been more relaxed, but I only got 2 rows done.

On a happier note, my eBay yarn came yesterday. The seller described this yarn as "Heather Green" and posted a picture that did not look green AT ALL, so I knew I was gambling when I bought it (for about $1.30 per 50gm ball.) I think I would describe it as Olive, heavy on the brown tones. It's not too bad, though. Very soft. So, last night I spent a happy couple of hours with my knitting books and mags playing, "What does this yarn want to be?" I think it has a lot of potential as the green-on-green fair-isle trimmed Aran pullover in the Fall Vogue. I loved this sweater when I first saw it. They designed it with Baabaajoes 8-ply, which is DK. This yarn is on the light side of worsted so I think it may work.

However, it will have to wait. I must finish: my yellow WoolEase gloves, my charcoal WoolEase Christmas present hat, the palest possible green Adrienne Vittidini raglan with cable trim pullover, and the mock-turtle Homespun pullover in the color "Antique" (aka very dark pink. Cerise?) And, after all that is done, the last cold-weather thing I make will be the Dale Sisik Aberdeen cardigan. Then on to spring and summer.