Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Tuesday, December 10, 2002

I just cast on 120 stitches to start a new project, wheee! Alas, I'm not done with all my gloves yet. Have the last finger and thumb to do on #2 of the Dale pair, and have just reached the fingers on #1 of another pair, this one WoolEase. This WoolEase pair is from a lone ball of Butterscotch from my stash that, luckily, coordinates with one shade of stripes on my new Kureyon scarf. However, I'm getting a little bored with the gloves and so, for a little excitement, I thought I'd start a hat to give as Christmas gift. How long till Christmas? Two weeks? Oh, that's LOTS of time.

So, what color Sisik should I buy? The nature of this sweater is that it is a light color with dark accents. It is shown in the pattern book with Olive on Pewter, and Navy on Curry. At this time, Sisik appears to only come in three light colors: Pewter, Curry and Camel. Of those, I think Pewter is the best choice for my green-eyed, pale and freckley, golden blonde coloring, plus it's the one I like best. Should I go for the Olive with it then, or choose Navy for trim. How about purple? (They call it Aubergine.) Such tough decisions.

It's Tuesday but no Buffy party tonight. ANOTHER rerun. And tomorrow I have to go back to work. My last vacations days are gone and I all did is, uh, oh yeah, GLOVES.